What Is Social Media?
Social media is an interactive media that allows users to create, share and exchange information on the internet. It has become the best medium of communication today. Social media is flourishing from its birth. Social media networks offer new and meaningful ways to people to communicate with each other. Social media networking has changed the way people do business, the way they meet each other, and the way they interact with each other. New social media sites are created time and again due to the growing popularity of social media.
Social Media Websites:
Seven different types of social media websites are available today.
1. Social Media Networking Websites: Such social media sites allow users to interact by adding friends, commenting on profiles, joining groups and having discussions. Facebook and LinkedIn examples of social networking websites.
2. Social Bookmarking Websites: Such sites allow users to add, annotate, edit, and share bookmarks of web documents. These sites also allow users to tag their favorite website links. Delicious and StumbleUpon are examples of social bookmarking websites.
4. Media Sharing Websites: These sites allow users to interact by sharing photos or videos and commenting on user submissions. YouTube is a famous video sharing and Flickr Flickr is a popular photo-sharing social media site.
5. Wikis Sites: Online encyclopedia websites that allow users to interact by adding articles or editing existing articles. Wikipedia is an example of a wiki.
6. Forums and Blogging Sites: Forum sites allow users to hold online conversations about the topic they like and blogging sites are places where content is posted and updated as discrete entries. Blogger is a renowned blogging website and WarriorForum is an example of a forum.
7. Microblogging Websites: Such sites allow users to post small pieces of digital content which could be text, pictures, links or short videos. Twitter is the most popular microblogging website.
What Is Social Media Marketing?
“The process of gaining traffic or attention to one’s own website by using social media is known as Social Media Marketing.” Every social media website has a specific purpose, so online businesses use social networking websites for marketing in accordance with the purpose of those sites. Some social media websites allow users to share short messages, some allow users to upload videos or presentations, and some allow them to give a link to their websites. Distinct social functions of social media sites make social media marketing very effective for businesses.
What To Focus On While Using Social Media For Business?
You should focus on certain things before using social media for business. You must know your audience in the first place before executing any social media strategy. You should be aware of the needs and wants of your target audience. Next, you must know the purpose of each social media website. You should use an appropriate social media network for communication. For instance, if you are in a business of animated video advertisements, then YouTube is the best social media site for you to communicate with your customers. Focusing on preceding things will help you execute your social media strategies successfully.
What is Social Media Monitoring?
Social media monitoring refers to the monitoring of conversations going on social media websites about a particular brand. It is a great way to find out the opinions of people about a brand. It helps businesses to respond to customers in accordance with their insights. It also helps businesses identify their share of voice on social media platforms. Social media monitoring aids businesses to discover gaps in the online market too, and thus allows them to find sales opportunities.
Social Media Manager for Social Media Management
Social media provides a platform to people to listen, interact, engage and collaborate with each other. Whenever the volume of conversations about a specific company on a social media site rises, it becomes a very difficult process for a company to manage those conversations. Therefore, companies hire social media managers for their social media management. Social media manager monitors, contributes, filters, measures, and guides the company’s presence on social media.
Why Do Internet Users Go for Social Media?
People go for social media since it offers them benefits in certain ways. First of all, it allows people to share their views, ideas, and opinions with others. Moreover, the discovery of new content in social media turns into a news story that spread quickly helping the contributor of that news to become popular over the internet in a short span of time. It also helps companies to market their products and services to people across the globe. These benefits of social media encourage internet users to choose it.