Do you have any idea: What Is a Logo? It is a graphical representation of a company name, trademark or abbreviation. In simple words, a logo symbolizes what a particular business stands for.
Significance of Logo for Business:
A logo represents a business image. Symbols are usually used in business logos to communicate a business message to the target audience.
Purpose of a Logo:
The purpose of a logo is to visually communicate a unique identity that may be associated with a particular personality or an organization.
What Is a Logo Design Principle?
KISS (Keep It Simple and Straightforward) is a logo design principle.
5 Basic Types of a Logo
Following are 5 basic types of logos:
- Symbol or Icon Logo: Logo in the form of a symbol or icon is called a Symbol or Icon Logo. Examples include the Logo of Apple and Shell.
- Word Mark Logo: Logo in the form of a uniquely styled text is called a Word Mark Logo. A good example of this logotype is Facebook Logo.
- Letter Mark Logo: Logo in the form of a symbol representing the company through the use of its initials or the first letter of the brand is called a Letter Mark Logo. Examples include General Electric and McDonald’s Logo.
- Combination Mark Logo: Logo that combines a wordmark and symbol is called a Combination Mark Logo. A good example is the Adidas Logo.
- Emblem Logo: Logo enclosing the company name within the design is called an Emblem Logo. Example is Starbucks Logo.